At Grok (www.grokstream.com), we are excited to come to work every day because we are building the solution for some of the most challenging problems in machine learning for IT service organizations, such as making machine learning meaningful and actionable, easy to deploy and use.
We are an innovation driven team that values excellence and results above everything else. If you want (and can) be a part of our highly demanding top-notch Engineering organization, then we want to talk to you!
- Design, develop and deploy Grok advanced machine learning algorithms and platform components.
- Writing clean, high-quality, high-performance, maintainable code
- Be a player-coach: a team lead, as well as a major individual contributor in a dynamic, multidisciplinary team of Software Engineers, Data Scientists, and IT Ops experts.
- Provide hands-on support with customer engagements.
- Be a major contributor to product and engineering work planning activities.
- Be comfortable running with your own ideas and eager to learn new skills.
- Innovate and invent on a daily basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering, or a related STEM field.
- Mastery of Python programming coupled with at least 3 years of professional experience applying advanced Object-Oriented and Functional Programming principles.
- 5+ years of hands-on professional experience as a Software Engineer.
- 3+ years of experience as a Lead Engineer for a team of 5+ engineers;
- 3+ years of experience developing and implementing large-scale systems in both cloud-based (Azure, AWS) and on-prem environments.
- Proven system design and architecture skills.
- In depth understanding of microprocess-based services and 3+ years of experience with containerized (Docker/Kubernetes) microservices-based architecture and orchestration.
- Excellent communication skills – both written and spoken. Ability to clearly describe complex concepts using plain language.
- Understanding of agile software development principles and practices.
Plus if you have:
- Experience with other programming and scripting languages and frameworks: Java, C/C++, C#, Go, bash, PowerShell, Groovy, etc.
- Experience using Elasticsearch and the ELK Stack in large scale deployments.
- Experience using and developing components for Apache NiFi.
- Interests in Big Data, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence.
- Familiarity with scientific and math packages like NumPy, ScyPy, SciKit-Learn, etc.
- Knowledge of modern data visualization tools such as Grafana or Kibana.
- Background and practical understanding of linear algebra, functional analysis, and applied statistics.
- Lead-level experience with product/project planning and work tracking tools from Atlassian.